Monday, March 1, 2010

It was beyond my reach

I reached for you, but you were never here

I felt your heart beat, but I never heard it

Your voice was gentle and kind, but it was no voice at all, just a silence in the room

You brought light into my life, but it was not the light of life, it was the reflection of elsewhere

Where were you when you were here?

Where are you now that you are gone?

The hollow echoes from the empty space are silent without your laughter

The darkness that shadows every step I take is not the darkness, but your missing light

The silent whispers of secrets between us were not secrets at all, rather whispers into an empty world

The joys that we shared were not memories to remember, but agonies to be relived

The flicker of hope

The touch of your hand

The feel of your body close to mine

The friendship that was ours

Gone now in yesterday

For there was no one there

There was nothing to share

It was beyond my reach

No comments:

Post a Comment